Our Nursery Vision
Small World Nursery
offers a home from home environment that is safe, welcoming and nuturing with a calm and relaxing atmosphere.
We aim to invite children to be curious, creative and to challenge themselves.
By creating purposeful learning environments, using authentic resources that engage and inspire young children.
Thus becoming imaginative, independent, and confident little learners.
- Nursery Ethos
- We aim to ensure that each child:
At Small World Nursery, we recognise that parents are a child's first carer and aim to work alongside you to nurture your little one until they go to school working to give them the best start in life we can give.
We are committed to providing a happy, calm, family atmosphere through our fascinating environment and highly qualified and experienced staff. We are passionate about raising standards in the nursery by continually reflecting on our practice giving your child some amazing play opportunities and experiences.
We recognise that all of our children and their families are unique and treat each one equally with respect, celebrating our cultural diversity. This is reflected in the nursery curriculum and resources. As needed, we will give extra support to children and families whose first language is not English, whilst encouraging children to freely express themselves in their most familiar language. We aim to treat each person with equal concern, giving freedom of choice whilst offering access to and encouraging participation in every opportunity.
Children with special or additional needs are welcome and we will do all we can to fully include children with disabilities. Staff are trained and experienced in recognising children and families with additional needs and will offer both the child and family the support needed to access further support if required.
As a town centre nursery, without an outdoor area we recognise the importance of outdoor learning and support all of the children regardless of age, the opportunitity to experience some amazing activities in the community.
- is involved in play opportunities and individual interests are recognised and built on.
- is encouraged to build relationships with others, playing co-operatively together.
- is given the time to communicate and be listened to.
- will be assigned a key person to ensure progress is supporte in all areas of learning.
- be encouraged to make choices and be independent.
- has the opportunity to explore a wide range of open-ended resources to maximise their learning potential.
- reaches their highest potential adn this is recorded and shared with parents through our secure EYlog network.