Small World Nursery is registered with Ofsted (Ofsted number: EY495681) who monitor standards of education and care and have received consistently good reports.
Our most recent inspection, carried out in August 2016, deemed the quality of provision as good.
- Staff make very good use of the local area to ensure children have regular access to fresh air and exercise. Children splash in puddles, play racing games and use a large range of fixed play apparatus.
- Staff regularly make accurate observations of children and assess the progress they make. This helps them to identify children's next steps for learning and inform staff's teaching effectively.
- Children are well supported to develop independence in taking care of their own needs. They help themselves to drinks and manage their personal care needs well.
- Children's safety is given high priority. Staff-to-child ratios are well maintained, both indoors and on outings. Staff are deployed well and are vigilant at all times. They gently remind children of the rules for keeping themselves safe and well.
- The manager frequently monitors children's assessments and progress. She ensures additional funding is used effectively to help children to make at least good progress.
Our Ofsted Report
Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills that report directly to Parliament. They are an independent and impartial service that inspects and regulates services which care for children and young people, and those providing education and skills for learners of all ages.